Favorite Holiday

Christmas! Everyone loves it, especially me.  All the christmas decorations and trees are so beautiful and full of joy.  We also celebrate by going to church to worship Jesus and exchange gifts. Things I like to do during Christmas is definitely drink some cocoa and bake cookies. Also sledding is a definite yes!  My grandparents always have a Jesus, Mary, and Joseph figures in her front yard. She is really big on Christmas it is unbelievable!

My tradition on Christmas is to wake up my parents, wait for 10 minutes for them to get up and run downstairs. My sister usually squeals with all of the presents and begs for our parents to open them. A couple of years ago I got jellybeans and I gave my stepdad the rotten egg ones, it was so funny! Then we get dressed and head to grandmas to be with my family and eat dinner. My favorite ting to eat is fruit inside of jelly. It is delicious! Then we clean up and head to the movie room to exchange gifts because on Thanksgiving we usually pick names out of a hat and give them a gift. Last year I got the first 5 books of the Nancy Drew series because I like reading.

I get quadruple the presents because my parents are divorced. My room does not have any more space because of all the things I get. It gets harder every year though because I am getting older which means I don’t want any toys. I am thinking of getting clothes for Christmas. I know it is boring but I don’t know what else to get. If you have any suggestions comment below because I would like to hear your opinions!

Limassol, Cyprus - Christmas Tree 2016 Andreas Komodromos via Compfight   

2 thoughts on “Favorite Holiday

1. Hi Olivia,
    I love your bog post! I didn’t know your parents were divorced though, i’m sorry. I have a suggestion though, you could ask for makeup or accessories to go with your clothes, I also think that the stuff you don’t use that are taking up all that in your room, could maybe go to donations, or you could give some stuff to your friends as a gift. It’s your choice though.
    Sincerely,
    Gaurvi K